Welcome to the 2017 Youth Innovation Challenge
The Youth Innovation Challenge is an annual programme of Innovate Durban, held in partnership with various organisations. The purpose of the Innovation Challenge is to create a platform for innovation to thrive in eThekwini by empowering the citizens – particularly the youth - to become innovative in their communities and in business.Creating a Smart, Sustainable City
Click here to download the guidelines for the 2017 Youth Innovation Challenge
- Only youth between the ages of 18-35 years old may apply for the competition component
- Only online applications will be accepted for Streams 1 and 2
- South African citizens are encouraged to apply
- Applications of the previous winners of this competition will not be considered
- Previous participants of this competition may apply but preference will be given to first time applicants
- The decisions made by the judges and Youth Innovation Challenge Committee is final
PRIZES - A package of exiting prices to be won!
There are a suite of exciting prizes that are up for grabs for each stage of the Youth Innovation Challenge 2017. These prizes will be awarded by the various partners to the winning participants.
Life Co Unltd. Impact Entrepreneur: Impact Entrepreneur – R25 000
This prize will be at the discretion of LifeCo UnLtd and it will be released on the basis that LifeCo UnLtd finds and selects a worthy Impact Entrepreneur. Should no Impact Entrepreneur be selected, the prize will not be allocated. All Impact Entrepreneurs who enter this challenge will be a orded the opportunity to apply to join the LifeCo UnLtd Enterprizer network whereby they could get further investment and support